Fedblueprint: Security Assessment and Management (SAM), was created specifically to meet the unique security needs facing our school systems today. Our app was developed school physical security inspectors so they can conduct physical security assessments on measures such as effective use of architecture, landscaping, perimeter, parking, facility access control/interior, physical barriers, access control, and lighting to achieve improved security by deterring, disrupting or mitigating potential threats. This assessment is built to meet federal requirements for facilities safety and the first version of Fedblueprint: SAM was used to assess 189 schools, reducing the total cost to perform security assessments by more than $25,000 on a per facility basis. This cost savings was possible because the Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management did not require an investment into hardware, software and complex systems. They simply bought the assessment service the same way people use gmail, itunes, social media or iphone apps. This complex requirement can be met by SAM because Salesforce.com, one of the world’s fastest growing fortune 500 companies, is also one of the most secure, built to handle federal security requirements.
The app facilitates the assessment of security requirements, the following briefly highlights the major SAM’s capabilities:
• Includes relevant data regarding physical security standards and governance.
• Tailored to provide an easy to use interface that is comfortable to the user community.
• Mobile ready
• Includes an extensible library enabling the development of comprehensive information relevant to the security.
• Fully developed manual which can be accessed via print or online and includes coverage of every question asked on the survey as well as all of the tools survey related features.
• Standard set of dashboards and analysis that enables management to understand survey progress and to ensure compliance with requirements.
• Core set of dashboards to facilitate understanding and analysis of the data that is being gathered.
• Core set of reports to facilitate understanding and analysis of the data that is being gathered.
The cost is incredible low for an application that can be accessed by you and your personnel securely on a mobile device or via a web browser. With more than 100 out of the box security questions covering everything from key personnel contacts to CCTV, SAM is able to help you immediately begin to better understand the physical security posture of your organization. Because it sits on top of the Salesforce platform you also get access to the power of Salesforce.com’s inherent capabilities around document management, messaging, task management and other capabilities that have made Salesforce.com a staple of Fortune 500 companies like Dell, Wells Fargo, and Comcast as well as the number one CRM tool in the world.